Great Lakes Health Connect (GLHC) is Michigan’s largest Health Information Exchange (HIE). As a nonprofit resource, GLHC is committed to creating care-connected communities across Michigan. Our vision is to enhance patient experience, improve health outcomes, and reduce costs across the continuum of care.
GLHC offers the most comprehensive, flexible, and secure portfolio of HIE products and services in Michigan. While these tools are important, GLHC strives to be a community partner, implementing real solutions to the challenges facing healthcare providers. We are committed to our role as a resource, creating care-connected communities.
GLHC meets the needs of health providers and organizations
- Offering a variety of HIE technology solutions
- Providing a consultative approach to project and workflow implementation
- Leveraging a network of 129 hospitals and 4,000 primary, specialty, and allied care organizations
- Utilizing a registry that securely houses over 8 million unique longitudinal patient records
- Delivering intelligent, timely, and automated clinical results and event notifications as they occur
- Streamlining lab and high-value orders
- Integrating with 100s of unique EMRs and Health IT systems
- Empowering collaboration and coordination between care professionals
- Direct – Secure Messaging
- Results Delivery: Lab, Radiology, & Transcribed
- Admission, Discharge, & Transfer Notifications
- Statewide Longitudinal Patient Repository
- Referral Care Coordination Network
- Operational Reporting & Analytics
- Orders: Laboratory & Radiology
- State Registry Connections
- Patient Care Documents
- Image Sharing
- Cross-Community Continuity of Care Document (CCD) Submission and Retrieval
- Cross-Community Query and Document Retrieval
To significantly improve health outcomes and healthcare value for patients, providers, organizations and communities we serve.
To create and operate a digital information system to promote the secure access to health information for the advancement of the patient care delivery, coordination, and value of healthcare across the communities we serve.
- To improve communication among healthcare providers to provide the right patient care and experience at the right time based on the best available information.
- To improve the care received by patients served by our participants and to reduce medical errors associated with the often inaccurate and incomplete information available to providers of medical care.
- To reduce the time required and financial burdens of exchanging health information among healthcare providers and across communities.
- To improve the efficiency and value of our participant’s electronic health record (EHR) investments and to assist community care givers in accessing and sharing health information.