Health care providers and organizations can connect to State of Michigan Registries through Great Lakes Health Connect. This connection helps create care – connected communities.
- Reviews a cancer patient’s history, diagnosis, treatment and current status. Information composed from these registries assist public health professionals with further critical data which aids them in understanding and addressing cancer more effectively. The Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) is very involved in benefiting from the cancer registries. In the past, MDCH used the registries to increase their understanding of statewide incidence rates and conclude possible trends which they now think may be related to inherited cancers. In 2009 Michigan’s population was around 10 million, out of that 10 million approximately 64,000 cases of cancer were detected annually. Cancer registries will be continually used to evaluate and collect necessary information in an attempt to halt the burden of cancer.
- Getting started: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a Cancer Registry Statement of Work
- Complete immunization histories for children and adults in Michigan are sent to the Michigan Care Improvement Registry (MCIR). Providers are required by state law to report childhood immunizations within 72 hours of administration. The reporting of adult immunizations is also highly encouraged. Health care organizations, schools, and the general public benefit from the consolidations of immunization information. MCIR provides health care providers with up-to-date patient immunization history, which can help reduce vaccine-preventable diseases and over-vaccination. MCIR also assists in pandemic flu preparedness based on vaccines and medication information in the registry.
- Getting Started: Send the following information to email@example.com:
- Facility/Office Full Name
- Facility/Office Address (Street, City, State, Zip)
- Facility/Office Key Contact Name, E-mail Address, and Phone Number
- MCIR Site ID (11 digits)
- HL7 Facility Pin (1xxx-xx-xx)
- Facility/Office EMR Vendor Name, Key Contact Name, Email Address, and Phone Number
- Immunization Query provides organizations and providers the ability to query MCIR directly from their electronic health record, through single sign-on, this eliminates the need to navigate to the MCIR website separately.
- Getting Started: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request an Immunization Query Statement of Work
Back to top
- Before leaving the hospital or birthing center, a newborn child will have a series of screening tests implemented. These tests will check if the child has any inherited disorders by pricking their heel, perform a hearing test that checks the child’s response to sound, and measure the level of oxygen in the newborn’s blood with a skin test which expresses whether or not they have a congenital heart defect. Without the newborn screening, serious medical conditions that are not apparent at birth could very easily go unnoticed, possibly resulting in lifelong health complications or death. In present day, every state now uses newborn screening to detect at least 29 potential disorders.
- Getting Started: Email email@example.com and request a Newborn Screening Statement of Work
- A systematic assembly that continuously analyzes and interprets health-related data which is used for organizing, applying and evaluating public health practice. This can be very beneficial for detecting and responding to unusual outbreaks resulting from a variety of health threats and emergencies. Institutions like Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organizations (WHO), have now created databases that are able to track and monitor emerging outbreaks of illnesses due to the assistance of syndromic surveillance. Currently, only hospitals and urgent care sites are able to attest for this measure.
- Getting Started: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Reportable Labs (ELR)
- Electronic Laboratory Reporting is the automated communication of laboratory reports from laboratories to public health department accounts which identifies the reportable situations. The benefits of ELR include improved timeliness of reports, reduction of manual errors and additional complete reports due to the improved timeliness.
- Getting Started: Email email@example.com and request a Reportable Labs Statement of Work
Back to top