Make Connections Safely
Close the Gaps in Patient Care
Our referral application offers healthcare organizations and providers providers a secure system for sending and receiving referrals throughout Michigan.
Benefits of the Great Lakes Health Connect Patient Referral Application
- Connection – Access to a growing network of over 1,100 physician offices, in 174 cities and 61 counties across Michigan.
- Searchable In-network Providers – Identify in-network referral options, search by name of provider practice, or service specialty
- Convenient E-Mail Alerts – Receive notifications of new referrals to a work or personal email
- Seamless Tracking – Quickly check the status of every outgoing and incoming referral – Track appointment dates and times, completed referrals, cancellations and no-shows
- Improved Communication – Eliminates unnecessary follow-up calls and “missing” or illegible faxes
- Enhanced Follow-Up – Assign referrals to specific staff members for follow-up
- Care Coordination – Share information across the continuum with time-stamped messaging – Attach medical records and history to ensure timely follow-up and accountability
- Increased Efficiency – Reducing misdirected referrals by customizing your homepage with up-to-date information
- Custom Content – Add brochures, maps, forms, or other frequently referenced materials to your homepage
- Assists in meeting Meaning Use Criteria
Those using the Referral application do not need to be using the same EHR/EMR system, as this application housed in the GLHC Command Center
To see the List of Live Offices, the Referral Application User Guides, and much more, please review the Referral Application Resources page.
Sign up to receive weekly update from GLHC about the referral application. We list new offices, share tips and tricks, and explain changes happening within the application.
For password issues, contact your office Command Center Administrator. For technical questions, contact GLHC Support at support@GL-HC.org or  454 – 2443.