Virtual Integrated Patient Record (VIPR) is a community-wide, longitudinal repository specific to the Great Lakes Health Connect network. It contains unique patient information from contributing health care organizations across the state; like lab, radiology, pathology, ADT, and transcribed documents. These records can be accessed through a secure web viewer or through an organization’s electronic medical record system. VIPR offers healthcare providers a more robust understanding of a patient’s health care history. Better information leads to more accurate diagnosis and treatment, reduced redundancy, and improved outcomes.
VIPR version 7 (v7) will improve the user experience in many ways and has the ability to create CCDs on demand, an important functionality. In the coming weeks users will automatically be upgraded to VIPR v7. VIPR users will not need to create new accounts, we recommend that users reset their password in the new version. Users who access VIPR through Single-Sign On will automatically be transferred to the new version. GLHC will have many different training resources available throughout the v7 rollout.
GLHC VIPR v7: Upgrade Overview – updated 03/13/2017
- January 1 – Present = GLHC Testing
- March 1 – Present = Community Testing and Training
- August 23 = VIPR upgrade complete 2017!
Users from the following organizations are accessing VIPR directly through their EMR, this is called Single Sign On (SSO). There is a SSO specific User Guide and training video. If your organization needs training on how to access and use VIPR please contact Mary Graham, GLHC Community Engagement Manager, or your local Implementation Consultant.
- Ascension Health – St John Hospital and Medical Center
- Behavioral Health Professionals Inc (BHPI)
- Community Mental Health Authority of Clinton, Eaton, & Ingham Counties
- Community Mental Health for Central Michigan
- Genesee Health System
- Holland Hospital
- Integrated Health Associates (IHA)
- Metro Health Hospital
- Trinity Health – Chelsea Community Hospital
- Trinity Health – Mercy Health Hackley Campus
- Trinity Health – Mercy Health Saint Mary’s Campus – Grand Rapids
- Trinity Health – St Joseph Mercy Hospital – Ann Arbor
- University of Michigan Health System
- Washtenaw County Community Mental Health
GLHC VIPR v7 SSO: Upgrade Overview 7 Key Interface Changes – updated 03/13/2017
User Guides for VIPR v7
- VIPR v7 User Guide
- VIPR v7 Single Sign On (SSO) User Guide
The training webinars are hosted by GLHC staff and will help VIPR administrators and users prepare for the VIPR upgrade. Attendees will have a chance to ask questions! All webinars are 30 minutes and will be recorded.
- Friday, August 18 from 9:00 – 9:30 am
- Thursday, August 24 from 9:00 – 9:30 am
- Tuesday, August 29 from 11:00 – 11:30 am
- Wednesday, September 6 from 4:00 – 4:30 pm
- Login issues
- Check out the VIPR Passwords Overview video!
- Get locked out? Call GLHC Support at (844) 454-2443, option 2.
- Users who were set up prior to April 2016 but never logged in will need to use their organizations temporary password to log in after the upgrade, and then must reset their password. The temporary password can be obtained from the organizations VIPR Administrator.
- Training question? – Contact your regional Implementation Consultant. The IC team helps healthcare providers and community organizations across Michigan understand and use the GLHC suite of applications and solutions.
- Login issues