Virtual Integrated Patient Record (VIPR) is a community-wide, longitudinal repository specific to the Great Lakes Health Connect network. It contains statewide information unique to the patient from contributing health care organizations; like lab, radiology, pathology, ADT, and transcribed documents. These records can be accessed through a secure web viewer or from an organization’s electronic medical record system.
VIPR offers healthcare providers a more robust understanding of a patient’s health care history. Better information leads to more accurate diagnosis and treatment, reduced redundancy, and improved outcomes.
GLHC Protects Patient Information
Protecting patient information is a top priority as we collaborate with healthcare providers to improve health outcomes and healthcare value for patients. Those who access protected health information are subject to strict privacy laws under HIPAA. VIPR is regularly audited to prevent unauthorized access to patient information.
• Real time access to statewide patient health information
• Enrich communication and administrative efficiency
• Maintain a detailed record of interactions and medical history
• Support informed care decisions
• Improve continuity, coordination, and timeliness of care